Thursday, February 19, 2009

EAG Scoreboard

Yesterday, the Education Action Guy, Kyle Olson, wrote to his mailing list that he's having a great year. For example, he managed to determine that Wayne Westland school employees like MESSA. It took him four FIOA's to uncover that.

Forget that in the settlement, MESSA survived, they got a raise, class sizes got reduced a little, and Kyle's work probably had no effect, except perhaps to delay a settlement that could have been reached months ago. I'm sure the locals are happy he came to town.

But again, that got me thinking. That same email included some begging for contributions: "current funds are running low..." So as I wrote the other day, I wonder how Kyle's secret financers feel about their investment.

So let's have a look at Kyle's Scoreboard. The target district, the methods he used to nose in, and the result:



Not so good there, Kyle. I can see why raising funds is getting harder.